firehorserider

adventures with Henk the Buell

My Photo
Name:
Location: global

Celebrating people, ideas & things that make the world a better place. Kitchen Chemistry, Social Alchemy, Adventure Activism.

Friday, July 01, 2005

I lost count of all the bald eagles perching and hawks soaring en route through Radium and into southern B.C. on Wednesday. We arrived at Christina Lake to the big blue open skies of summer.

My sweet pal Kevin and his partner Leah have set up their 'spirit house' for me to come and go over the next few months as I like. It's cozy and I've had a couple of really deep, healing sleeps. Their property is nestled amongst tall pines and tropical ferns and I awake to the sound of crows and ravens conducting great noisy meetings in the treetops. I'm reunited with Henk and it feels like home. I can't wait to get on the open road with him.

Toronto and Ron and Willow feel weeks and weeks behind already, although I know it's only because of my great distractions over the past few days. When someone dies, the best therapy for the person left behind is for friends and family to gather around and distract, distract, distract. It's the same with a relationship. I've been listening to other people's problems for the last five days quite happily.

Yesterday, I painted a cabin of a friend of my sister's where my nephew is staying for a lakeside visit with his little pal. Painting is extremely therapeutic. The repetitive motion, the monotony, the silence, the instant reward for work completed... I'll stay here a few more days until my nephew goes back to Banff. He keeps calling me 'mom' and won't leave my side. We're having fireworks tonight on the beach and I can't wait to see the look on his face when those twisting, popping, booming, sparkling, spiralling blasts of light take to the night sky over the lake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home