firehorserider

adventures with Henk the Buell

My Photo
Name:
Location: global

Celebrating people, ideas & things that make the world a better place. Kitchen Chemistry, Social Alchemy, Adventure Activism.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Somehow a week has passed here at the lake. It already feels like a month since I left Toronto and although it's spectacularly beautiful here and summer has arrived in full sunshine, I miss the city and Ron and Willow. I haven't had much time to think, though, and I'm ready to move on down the road.

I picked up Henk from a bike shop in Grand Forks today where a friend of Kevin's set me up with an oil change. I'll stop in Kamloops for a tune and be on my way westward.

It's been nice getting swooped into the meandering stream of the slow lives of Kevin and Leah and their darling three year old girl, Lauren. We went out on their boat last night and toured the lake admiring cottages and choosing our dream waterfront property. It's all very lovely but right now the pavement is calling... "maybe tomorrow, I'll wanna settle down..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home