firehorserider

adventures with Henk the Buell

My Photo
Name:
Location: global

Celebrating people, ideas & things that make the world a better place. Kitchen Chemistry, Social Alchemy, Adventure Activism.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

I find it so interesting that when it's time, you just know it. Everything has its time and nothing can be forced outside of it.

Tomorrow I'm heading out first thing in the morning. It's just time. I've been here eight days now soaking up the lake and the sunshine and lots of love from Kevin and Leah and Lauren and Colton my nephew and my wildest and most wonderful new friends Harmen and Dawn who built a magnificent concrete castle in the forest over a thirty year span and are happy and supportive and vibrant and wish they could come along but they've built themselves into a major commitment with their bed and breakfast they now run in their little slice of Eden... I'm feeling ready to spend the next few weeks in relative solitude. I'm hoping Henk knows where we're going, because I haven't got a clue. West, I imagine. Then north.

I spoke with the man to whom I was married this morning. He's in Vancouver and just turned 50. I'll try and see him in Whistler, perhaps, over the weekend.

The Kamloops Harley guys are booked solid and can't fit Henk in for a tune-up, so I'll have to go with just the oil change. Carolyn's pal Big Dan, the undercover cop who rides Harleys and looks as mean as any Hell's Angel I've ever seen from a safe distance looked over Henk this morning and told me I'd be fine. He sounds good. He's not leaking any fuel or oil, the tires are in good shape, brakes are ok and he's all nice and shiny from Kevin's doting over the winter. Henk's ready. I'm ready. Off I go! I'll be praying for dry pavement and sane drivers with whom I will share the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home